Minecraft is a game that became popular without having a big-budget advertisement. The game allows its players to play in a virtual land where they create their world and gather experience by dealing with it.
Minecraft gives a variety of editions for computers, smartphones, Xboxes, etc. You can choose according to your comfort zone.
Are you getting an error 0x80131509 message while installing Minecraft Java edition on your computer?
This is happening since November 2021 when someone is trying to install the official new Minecraft launcher. In this article, we will guide you to overcome this problem and start your gaming.
- Why are you facing this problem?
- Install Minecraft for Windows 7/8
- Troubleshoot Any Potential issues on Your Device
Why are you facing this problem?
- It might be, that the automatic Windows update option is off on your computer
- There might be an issue with the latest version of Minecraft on your Device
- Your computer may not have the latest Windows 10 build
- The Java version on your Windows is out of date
We suggest you two different methods to resolve this problem. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Install Minecraft for Windows 7/8
- Head to Minecraft’s official website to download the Game’s Older version
- Click on “Download for Windows 7/8”
- After that, the file will start downloading
- Once the downloading is done, the Minecraft Launcher Setup Wizard will pop up
- Click Next to start the installation process
- Then click the Next button once again to start the installation
A pop-up message may appear asking you to allow the app to make changes to your device. Click on the allow option to start the installation process.
- Check the option, “Start Minecraft Launcher after closing the installer” and automatically start the launcher after the installation is completed
- After installation, click on the Finish option to complete your installation
After that, you will see that the Minecraft launcher begins updating. It will open automatically after updating.
Now, you need to log in to your Minecraft account. You need to log in to the account that you used to create your Minecraft account.
Once you have completed all the above-mentioned steps, the Minecraft launcher will run just fine and you won’t see the “Error 0x80131509” again.
However, if you see that the old Minecraft launcher installation is of no help to fix the 0x80131509 error, then you can try an alternative method given below.
2. Troubleshoot Any Potential issues on Your Device
To resolve this issue, you need to Troubleshoot your device to fix the underlying causes of this error. Some things you need to do:
- Shut down your computer and let it rest for a while. Then turn it on and try to launch the Minecraft launcher
- Make sure that there is NO other Minecraft launcher that exists on your computer. If yes, then you have to uninstall it
- Make sure that you log in from the same account that you used to create your Minecraft account.
How to troubleshoot Windows To fix Minecraft Error code 0x80131509?
Run windows update:
- Click on the Start button and then click Settings. Then head to “Update & Security“.
- Find the Windows Update option and then click on it
- Now check for updates
- If there’s a pending update, you need to update Windows to the latest version
- After that, click on the “Advanced” options and select the automatic option under the “Choose how updates are installed”.
Make sure Java is up to date
Sometimes, if you are using an outdated version of Java on your device you might run into this error. Fortunately, you can resolve this issue by simply updating Java to the latest version.
Note: If you get a message saying you have already installed the update and your system is current then you do not need to do anything further and Java is up to date on your device.
Hopefully, by following the above-mentioned steps you are now able to resolve the Minecraft Error code 0x80131509 issue on your Device.
However, if you are still facing any issues and need additional help, you can submit your request on the official Minecraft helpdesk.
- Choose “Technical Support” as the category.
- In the place of the subject, select “Download and installations”.
- After that, thoroughly describe the installation problem you’re facing with the Minecraft launcher.
Also, always mention the error code before you submit your request. You might still need to wait for 1-3 days for their response. They will guide you after that.
Malware can also interfere with at the time of installation. So, make sure to run the antivirus before running the Minecraft installer.