Snapchat has always been welcoming its users with regular updates. It has always embraced its users with innovative features like new Lenses, Snap maps, memories, and snap games.
However, there have been a lot of users who find it difficult to follow these updates because of various reasons or some of the updates don’t work properly on particular devices.
- Restart Snapchat
- Examine Snapchat Permissions
- Check Location Settings
- Disable Ghost Mode
- Clear Snapchat Cache
- Down Detector Examination
- Replace or Reinstall Snapchat
- Utilizing Snapchat Without VPN
As per such cases, many users face a “Snapchat map not working” issue. You may have tried a lot of methods, but as a result, it didn’t work out.
If you are facing a lot of trouble in resolving such cases, Don’t worry because now we’re going to show you how to fix this “Snapchat map not working” issue. It’s pretty simple, just follow the following troubleshooting ways that might help.
8 Ways To Fix Snapchat Map Not Working Issue
1. Restart Snapchat
Whether it’s your Android or iPhone device, there has always been a glitch that sometimes apps fail to start properly. In such cases, restarting an app can solve your issue.
So, if it’s an external minor glitch of the Snapchat app, then restarting may handle this issue.
2. Examine Snapchat Permissions
Another reason why the Snapchat map is not working might be app permission.
That means the Snapchat app might not have the required permissions to use location services, cell information, and such.
Here’s How To Enable Snapchat App Permissions:
For Android Users
- Long press the Snapchat app icon. An information icon beside the widget icon would appear on the emerging menu
- Tap on the information icon and go to the permissions
- Now allow all the permissions one after the other
For iPhone Users
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Snapchat
- Now enable Snapchat to the entry and allow all of the needed permissions
3. Check Location Settings
If the Snap map doesn’t work even after restarting and enabling app permissions, then the snap map function may require a location to be turned on as the next move.
For Android Users:
- To turn the location on, open the settings menu and go to the location.
- Now flip on the swap subsequent to use location.
For iPhone Users:
- Launch Settings app and go to the Privacy.
- Now turn on the location services.
4. Disable Ghost Mode
Snapchat has a feature called ghost mode that allows users to hide their location from everybody. Though, once you enable ghost mode, you’ll not be able to see other’s locations as well.
So, in order to have the opportunity to use Snap map, you need to flip off the ghost mode through the following steps:
- Open Snapchat on your Android/iPhone device
- Go to the map icon on the leftmost nook
- Now tap on the gear icon on the rightmost of the top and flip off the ghost mode
5. Clear Snapchat Cache
If you’ve been using Snapchat for a long time, then it’s obvious that the app has stored cache data over time. If that cache information turns out to be corrupted or inaccessible due to various reasons, then the app can show issues like snap maps not working or filters not working, etc.
For such cases, Snapchat has a feature to clear the cache data within the app itself. You need to follow these simple steps:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on the profile icon on the left side of the topmost corner
- Now go to the gear icon on the right side of the topmost corner
- Scroll down to account actions and clear cache. Also, tap on proceed when prompted
6. Down Detector Examination
Sometimes providers like Snapchat can also face server down or downtimes. So, if you’ve tried many options and still aren’t able to use snap maps, then you must try checking the server standing on Snapchat.
Go to the DownDetector and see if others are also dealing with the same issues, then you don’t have any choice but to wait till Snapchat resolves the problem.
7. Replace or Reinstall Snapchat
App updates can resolve many technical issues and also conduct bug fixes.
Therefore, it’s important to preserve apps up to date. In order to resolve the “Snap map not working issue” you can also try updating Snapchat as there may be bugs within the app.
If the issue doesn’t get fixed even after updating the app, reinstalling the app is also advisable.
8. Using Snapchat Without VPN
If you are using Snapchat while using VPN, then it could be the reason behind the “Snap map not working” issue.
You can try disabling VPN momentarily to resolve this issue if it works.
Wrapping It Up
Snap map is a unique and one of the fun features of Snapchat that enables you to see your friend’s locations and lets them see your location as well. The little avatar following you on the map is a fun affair that entertains the users.
Hopefully, the above options have fixed your issue for now.