Billions of YouTube users spend a lot of time watching videos on YouTube. Whether it’s a blogger, influencer, or any advertising company, YouTube is helpful to everyone as one can not only upload videos there but can watch trillions of videos without any cost.
Youtube is best for entertainment, advertisement, and any kind of channeling purpose. Youtube is one of the most popular sites on the web now as it is easy to use. Thousands of videos get uploaded here every minute and there is always something new to watch.
- You’ve forgotten your password
- You’ve forgotten your username
- You’ve forgotten both username and password
- Having cookies turned off
- You permanently deleted your account
Also, you can find all kinds of videos there, so these are the reasons for youtube’s popularity that now there are 6 billion people watching videos per hour on youtube.
But sometimes watching videos on youtube regularly causes a lot of issues i.e. it’s time-consuming, addictive, and inappropriate videos.
That’s why many users delete their accounts for many reasons: they wanted a break, they wanted to be productive, they didn’t have time to spare on youtube or any other reasons.
But sometimes while trying to recover their accounts they find some difficulties and aren’t able to reuse them. In such cases, you can use the following simple steps according to your situation and can try to recover your account.
Step 1: You’ve forgotten your password
- First of all, go to www.youtube.com. At the right corner of top, you’ll find a sign-in option.
- Select the sign-in option and put your email or phone number.
- Now select ‘Next’.
- On the next screen , tap on ‘forgot password’.
- You’ll be asked to choose a way including using the last password, getting a verification code through email or phone number.
- Choose the method which you are more comfortable with. You can also choose ‘try another way’ at the left of the bottom.
Step 2: You’ve forgotten your username
- Go to www.youtube.com
- Select sign-in in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Forgot Email’.
- It will ask you to enter a recovery email or phone number. Enter any of these 2, and select ‘Next’.
- You’ll be shown the email address associated with your youtube account. You’re ready to sign in now.
Step 3: You’ve forgotten both username and password
- You can simply follow the solution for the previous case (case 2) to recover your username.
- After getting your username, just click the ‘reset my password button’. You’ll be sent an email for resetting your password.
- If you’ve recovered your username and password, still unable to log in. then it can probably be an issue regarding cookies. You might not have cookies turned on in your browser preferences.
- For chrome, at the top-right corner of the screen, click the three vertical dots icon.
- Choose Settings > Under Security and Privacy > click Site settings.
- Scroll down and click Cookies and site data.
- From here, you can choose Allow all cookies, block all cookies and select other options.
Step 5: You permanently deleted your account
- Incase you permanently deleted your google account, you can contact youtube to resolve your issue and to retrieve your account.
- Go to the support page of youtube.
- Select the text “restore it within a short period of time”.
- By selecting the text, it will redirect you to a new page.
- Scroll down and click on “Learn How to recover your account”.
- Tap on “follow these steps to recover your account”.
- You’ll be asked several questions to confirm your identity while logging into your google account.
- It may take some time or can be recovered immediately.
- There is no proper information about how long it will take to recover the account after deleting it permanently. But the faster you act, the better result you’ll get.
It can be devastating to have your account deleted or terminated, also if you forgot your youtube credentials. If you have no longer access to your account, you may recover it with the help of these fixes. Hope it helped you a lot.