Destiny is a well-established game which runs pretty smooth, though there is one issue faced by most users worldwide is error code weasel.
Mostly it occurs due to a supersaturated network or faulty internet connection, causing the connection between the user’s device and the gaming servers to degrade.
The problem isn’t really big and there are some solutions listed below to help you fix the “error code weasel”.
Make sure you follow all the steps in proper order and follow each instruction carefully. The simplest tasks have been explained in detail to avoid you from messing up your device and creating new problems. We hope these help you in resuming your game.
9 Quick FIX for Destiny’s error code weasel
Since the “error code weasel” appears due to connectivity issues, before we start troubleshooting processes, it is important to check for a few things.
- Check whether the wires are connected properly.
- Check for breakages in wires.
- The ports are functioning properly.
- Rust or dust can also cause connectivity issues.
- Confirm with the internet service provider if the internet is working.
- Switch to Ethernet cable if you are on Wi-Fi, this will do wonders.
After you get clearance on these things you should proceed to the next steps.
#1: Restart Device and Router
Often the solution is as simple and easy as restarting the device. Sometimes the underlying issue is the bad launching of your console.
So, a simple restart could do the job for you. Try restarting your console and that might fix the error for you.
If the restarting of the console does not fix your issue then you should try restarting your router. Just unplug your router and plug it in again. Once, the internet comes back again. Check if the error persists or not. If not, then continue to the next solution.
#2: Replace Coax cable and Splitter
If coax cables and splitter haven’t been changed over some time, it can cause a lot of disturbances during gameplay. Often they get rusty or their ends break. Over time the efficiency of the cables and splitters reduces and they must be changed over some time to ensure smooth gameplay.
Most people that face the error code weasel problem have bad coax cables and splitters. These can easily be changed by buying new ones from the market and changed at home. If you are unable to do them yourself, you can call your internet service provider. They will send a technician to do the job for you.
After that, restart your device and router so that the issue can be resolved.
#3: Clear clan invites
Multiple users have claimed that the error code weasel has appeared at times when they have pending clan invites. These faulty clan invites can be the reason for disturbances during gameplay. Clearing clan invites as soon as possible will possibly help you get rid of this error code. To clear the clan invites:
- Ask the admin to remove u from the clan so u can delete the clan invite.
- Another method of removing clan invites is by logging on to bungie.net and checking for clan invites under the membership page. In case u find any clan invites, accept and then leave immediately to remove the invites and to avoid receiving error messages.
- Restart your game to remove the error code weasel.
Check if the error is resolved or still occurs.
#4: Cross save
Cross save is a feature in destiny that allows you to jump from one device to another without losing progress. This means you can play one session of the game on one device and another session of the game on another device. If cross-save is embedded on your account, accessing the game from multiple devices simultaneously will result in an error code weasel. To enable cross-save, follow the steps below.
- Log on to the official Bungie portal on the cross-save page and click “get started”.
- Authenticate your accounts
- Select the characters and your up-to-date guardians which you want to be accessible during cross-play.
- Review and press confirm.
- The error code weasel will be resolved if cross-saving is the issue.
Multi login can be a big problem. It will not just show you the error code weasel but can also contribute to showing errors with other things too. If you are logged in to the destiny app from your phone and are playing on your console, you may face the error code weasel due to being logged in to your phone. You must unlink the destiny app from your phone to resolve the issue.
There are a total of three ways to unlink your app prom the phone.
To unlink the destiny app from your phone, use your pc and:
- Log in to bungie.net
- From there go to settings
- In the settings, click on accounts and linking
- Select unlink, from the button which lies next to the app authentication method
- Uninstall the Destiny application from your mobile phone.
#6: Clear Cache (Xbox one users)
Sometimes, corrupt files accumulate in the cache of the device and show random errors. If you are playing the game on Xbox, clearing the cache can remove those corrupt files and restore your connection, removing the error. This process is a little time-consuming so please stay consistent. Before you start clearing the cache, keep a backup as the chances are, all your games may get deleted.
To remove Xbox one cache, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the power button long enough to shut it down.
- Unplug brick from the Xbox.
- Press the power button multiple times to check for any power that remains within Xbox.
- This is what will clear the cache.
- Plug it back in properly.
- The color of the light on the power brick will change from white to orange.
#7: Clear PSN Cache (PlayStation Users)
Clearing cache from play station for Destiny has been beneficial for several users in getting rid of the error code weasel. To clear cache for a particular game:
- Press the power button
- Hold it for a while
- Select the turn-off option from the screen that appears.
- Disconnect the cable from the socket for a few minutes
- Plug it back in and launch the console.
- Load the game destiny and press the L1 and R1 button together while it is loading
- The cache will be cleared and the game will start fresh.
Error code weasel can be resolved by this technique.
#8: Create a new PSN Account (PlayStation Users)
One of the ways to fix the issue of error code weasel is to create a new PSN account. Although it may seem like a lot of effort for such a small problem, sometimes the solutions are not as easy as we think. Before we jump to any conclusions we must try out all possible options that are restricting us from connecting to the serving and showing this error. To create a new PSN account, follow the step-by-step instruction guide given.
- Turn on your PS4 and select a New User and then select Create a New Account on the login screen.
- This creates a local user on the PS4. Please note that it will not create a PSN account.
- After that select “next”.
- If you select skip, you will be able to choose avatar and name for offline play.
- If you are new to play station, click on create an account and then select sign up now.
- You will be required to enter necessary information such as a name, email address, date of birth.
- Create an Online ID and username which will be visible to other PSN users.
- Set up a password.
- Configure settings for friends, sharing, and messaging as part of setting up your new account.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your account has been created.
- To be able to use your PSN account, verify your email in your email inbox.
- You are now an official member of the PSN community.
While making the new account, a few things that you must remember and be careful about are:
- Make sure you enter the correct date of birth.
- You will have to ask an adult to verify your account if you are under 18.
- PSN terms and conditions do not allow you to give false information. Refrain from entering the wrong date of birth to stay safe from legal actions against you.
- While using a credit card and entering payment information, ensure that the address you enter matches your billing address.
- The email that you have entered must be handy and easily accessible. You will need it to verify your account.
#9: Download Restoro
Restoro is paid software that assists you in troubleshooting PC issues such as missing or faulty files or even getting rid of malware content.
If none of the methods resolve the error code weasel, we recommend Restoro to help solve the issue. You can get it from their site.
All the techniques that we are aware of for solving the “error code weasel” have been mentioned above. These will surely assist you in removing the error dialogue box from your screen and allow you to continue to play. All of these methods are tried and tested by gamers worldwide. Something or the other will work for you. Happy gaming!